6.30.2006

Kayla's Turn

Kayla looking chill
It occurs to me that I have 2 posts about fun things I've done with Artie but I haven't posted anything about my adventures with Kayla. A few weeks ago, Kayla and I, along with Scott, Jonquil and Jason, went to see Wicked. Wicked is the story of Glinda and Elphaba, otherwise known as the Wicked Witch and the Good Witch from Wizard of Oz. As The Wizard of Oz is Kayla and I's favorite movie, I promised her we'd see the musical if it came to Detroit. The book Wicked is also excellent but I would say its best for readers over age 15. Kayla loved the show and sad G(a)linda was her favorite character because she was so silly. Her favorite line was "Something's wrong. I didn't get my way." During the intermission, Kayla leaned over to me and said "We should go to more musicals like this!" I agree.
Since the show was the same day as Kayla's last day of school, she spent the night with me. The next day we went to the new IKEA in Canton. We had a great time checking out all the room layouts and picking out the stuff we'd buy if we won the $1000 gift card (which we didn't). We also tried to find a new chair for my living room but we seemed to have wildly divergent tastes. Kayla likes this one, the Lycksele Lovast because it folds out in to a bed. I like the idea, especially after I discovered what a bed hog she is. Personally, I'm more of a side chair with arms kind of girl. For example, I am thinking about the Lillberg or the Lund Bjuv.
Following our tour of IKEA and some lunch, we visited the Scrapbook Zone in Farmington where I gave Kayla $10 and pointed her in the direction of the dollar section. She found some great die cuts of the Wizard of Oz along with a small 6x6 scrapbook and some karate stickers. That night, I we made turkey tacos and drank sparking apple cider (from IKEA of course) toasting to a fun weekend.

No comments: